Here are the Bible readings for October 2018. So if you can’t get to Church and want to follow the same scripture passages then here you go. Or if you just want to read up in advance for the Sunday to come, then please make use of below.
Bible Readings for October
- Oct 7th: 19th after Trinity – Genesis 2.18-24; Hebrews 1.1-4; 2.5-12 and Mark 10.2-16
- Oct 14th: Harvest – Joel 2: 21-27; 1 Timothy 2: 1-7 and Matthew 6: 25-33
- Oct 21st: 21st after Trinity – Isaiah 53: 4-12; Hebrews 5: 1-10 and Mark 10: 35-45
- Oct 28th: Simon & Jude – Isaiah 28: 14-16; Ephesians 2: 19-end and John 15: 17-end
- Nov 4th: All Saints’ Sunday – Isaiah 25:6-9; Revelation 21: 1-6a and John 11: 32-44
If you don’t have access to a Bible then please follow this link to the Vanderbilt Divinity Library. It’s not always an exact match to our readings but normally it’s pretty close! Once there press on the scripture reference that you want to read.
Joel 2: … rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before. The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.
“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm – my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed…”