Here are our Bible readings for December 2018. So if you can’t get to church and want to follow the same scripture passages then here you go. Or if you just want to read up in advance for the Sunday to come, then please make use of below.
But come on – it’s Christmas! We’d love to see you in church! Our carol service is on Sunday 23rd December, 6.30pm at Christ Church, Walmersley. And if you live away from us then please go to a service near you.
Bible Readings for December
- Dec 2: Advent Sunday – Jeremiah 33:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13; Luke 21:25-36
- Dec 9: 2nd in Advent – Malachi 3:1-4; Philippians 1:3-11; Luke 3:1-6
- Dec 16: 3rd in Advent – Zephaniah 3:14-20; Philippians 4:4-7; Luke 3:7-18
- Dec 23: 4th in Advent – Micah 5:2-5a; Hebrews 10:5-10; Luke 1:39-55
- Dec 30: 1st of Christmas – 1 Samuel 2:18-20,26; Colossians 3:12-17; Luke 2:41-52
If you don’t have access to a Bible then please follow this link to the Vanderbilt Divinity Library. Once there press on the scripture reference that you want to read. It’s not always an exact match but most weeks are similar!
- Luke 1: Mary’s Song – the Magnificat
- My soul doth magnify the Lord.
- And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
- For he hath regarded : the lowliness of his handmaiden: For behold, from henceforth : all generations shall call me blessed.
- For he that is mighty hath magnified me: and holy is his Name.
- And his mercy is on them that fear him: throughout all generations.
- He hath shewed strength with his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
- He hath put down the mighty from their seat: and hath exalted the humble and meek.
- He hath filled the hungry with good things: and the rich he hath sent empty away.
- He remembering his mercy hath holpen his servant Israel :
- As he promised to our forefathers, Abraham and his seed for ever.
- Glory be to the Father, and to the Son: and to the Holy Ghost;
- As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be : world without end. Amen