There’s lots going on in the next few weeks at St John with St Mark’s and Christ Church Walmersley. So, don’t miss out!
- Afternoon Tea – at Christ Church from 2pm on Tuesday 20th August. Price is £5 per head. Sandwiches, cakes – and a glass of sherry!
- Summer Buffet – from 12.15pm on Sunday 25th August at St John’s Hall. Salads, hot and cold meats, pizzas, gluten free & vegetarian options, cheeses & desserts…and a time to chat with friends from church. Price is only £7 per head. We need to know the numbers to cater for, so please either fill in the list at the back of the church or let us know via the Contact page if you want to come.
- Sunday@Seven – from 7pm on 25th August. ‘I called – you answered’. Informal worship, meeting in Christ Church Hall. Led by Nigel Silvester. Burn off those buffet lunch calories with some enthusiastic singing!
- Afternoon Tea – from 2pm on Saturday 7th September in the Barritt Room at St John’s Hall. All served on our very best but mismatched china. Price is £5 per head. Tickets in advance from June Banks on 0797 0417 331 or let us know via the Contact page if you want to come.
- Café Church – from 10.30am on Sunday 8th September in Christ Church Hall. A Sunday service with a difference. There are still hymns and prayers but there is food and time for in-depth discussion too. Led by Cath Hilton and Ian Banks.
Commissioning @ Cathedral
- ALM Commissioning – from 2.30pm on Sunday 22nd September in Manchester Cathedral. Nigel Silvester will be re-commissioned and Ian Banks will be commissioned for the first time. Unfortunately, entry is ticket only. Please pray for Nigel and Ian. If you want to know more about ALM (Authorised Lay Ministry) please follow this link.
- Coffee Morning and Book Fair – from 10am on Saturday 28th September in St John’s Hall. Bacon butties, homemade cakes and thousands of pre-loved books.
- Celebration Service – from 10.30am on Sunday 29th September at Christ Church. Please join Nigel and Ian at this joint service as they celebrate their commissioning. Nigel and Ian will be leading, and it will be followed with a Eucharist. Then please stay on for lunch in the hall.
- Sunday@Seven – if you’ve still got the energy then at 7pm on Sunday 29th September we’ll be meeting again for prayer, praise and meditation. This time we’ll be in the Barritt Room at St John’s Hall. The theme is ‘There’s a place’ – places where you find spiritual peace and contact. Either that or Nigel will be doing songs from West Side Story…
We’d love to see you at any or all of these. So, please put the dates in your calendar and don’t miss out.
Plus… it’s our 250th anniversary next year! The original St John’s was founded in 1770. So, we’re looking for suggestions on how best to mark the event. If you’ve any ideas then please let us know via the comment section below or the suggestion box at the back of the church if you’re in the vicinity. Many thanks.