We’d love to see you at our Advent & Christmas activities and services this year at St John with St Mark’s, Bury and Christ Church, Walmersley.
- Advent Bible Studies: the book that we’re following this year is ‘Advent for everyone – a journey with the Apostles’ by Tom Wright. It explores the New Testament themes of thankfulness, patience, humility and joy. Meeting for 4 weeks on Monday nights from 25th November 7.30 pm at 150 Walmersley Road, BL9 6LL and Thursday afternoons from 28th November 2pm at Christ Church Walmersley.
- Christmas Fair: Saturday 30th November 11am at St John’s Hall. Cakes, books, raffles, jigsaws, tombola, lunches… and Santa.
- Christingle: Monday 2nd December at Christ Church and Wednesday 4th December at St John’s. Both start at 6.30 pm. Supporting local orange sellers and the work of the local Salvation Army & Wood Street Mission (please bring a toy for a child in need).
- Brass band Concert: Whitworth Vale & Healey Brass Band together with Janet Howarth are giving ‘an introduction to Christmas’. Saturday 7th December at Christ Church Walmersley. £7.50 per ticket. Please contact 01706 826103.
- Bacon & Sausage butties – with Festive Stalls: Saturday 14th December at Christ Church from 10 am.
- Joint Carol Service : Tidings of comfort and joy on Sunday 22nd December at 6.30 pm in St John’s. Traditional readings and carols.
- Christmas Eve:
- 5.00 pm Crib Service – for the young & young at heart – St John’s
- 6.00 pm Family Service – Christ Church
- 7.30 pm Parish Communion – St John’s
- 11.30 pm Parish Communion – Christ Church
- Christmas Day 10.00 am: Holy Communion Service at both churches. Whilst the roast is in the oven, come along and remember what the day is really all about.
- Christmas Day Dinner 1.30pm: In Bury Parish Church Hall, The Rock. Contact 07855 306 074 if you wish to come. So, if you or someone you know would enjoy some company on Christmas Day then please get in touch. There is no charge for the meal.
- Sunday 29th December 10.30 am: Joint Benefice Service at St John’s.
We wish you every blessing for this Advent & Christmas.
Thanks again to Dave Walker for the Cartoon. It originally appeared in the Church Times and can be found in Dave’s book ‘How to avoid the Peace’.