May 2020 Bible Readings
Here are the May 2020 Bible readings. It looks unlikely that we will be together in a church building again this month, at least here in the UK. So, please take the opportunity to read the scriptures and reflect on what they might be saying to you.
For other prayer and worship resources that can be used at home, please follow this link. But don’t forget to keep in touch with each other by phone and on-line.
May 2020 takes us from the Easter Season and into Pentecost. So, there’s plenty of action to read about as the first followers of Christ get to grips with the implications of having a risen Saviour.
- May 3rd – 4th of Easter: Acts 2:42-47; 1 Peter 2:19-25 and John 10:1-10.
- May 10th – 5th of Easter: Acts 7:55-60; 1 Peter 2:2-10 and John 14:1-14.
- May 17th – 6th of Easter: Acts 17:22-31; 1 Peter 3:13-22 and John 14:15-21.
- May 24th – 7th of Easter: Acts 1:6-14; 1 Peter 4:12-14 and 1 Peter 5:6-11; John 17:1-11.
- May 31st – Pentecost: Acts 2:1-21; 1 Corinthians 12: 3b-13 and John 20:19-23 or John 7:37-39.
If you don’t have access to a Bible then please follow this link to the Vanderbilt Divinity Library. It doesn’t always match up but it shouldn’t be too far off!
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles.
All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need.
Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having the goodwill of all the people. And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
For Bible readings in April 2020, please follow this link. Take care and God bless.