Meet our Ministry team – or those brave enough to have their photos taken… It will give you an idea of who to look out for if you come along to a service. We are currently awaiting the arrival of our new Vicar, the Rev Harvie Nicol. His appointment was announced on November 26th, 2023 and we look forward to having him with us in early 2024.
In the meantime, we remain very grateful for the continued ministerial support from a number of other parishes in Bury and North Manchester. We particularly want to say thank you to Sheila Beattie, Ian Butterworth, Julian Heaton, Lee Longden, Janet Lyssejko, Rachel Mann, Ian McVeety, Ian Stamp and Margaret Trivasse – without whom none of this would have been possible…
Ian Banks is our Licensed Lay Minister (Reader) in the Walmersley Road Benefice. He also has the Bishop of Manchester’s permission to preach in Heywood. As well as leading and preaching on a Sunday morning, Ian supports Nigel with Sunday@Seven and along with Cath looks after our Quarterly Cafe Church services. He co-leads the module in Worship and Liturgy for the Manchester Diocese Authorised Lay Ministry course.
Margery, Barbara and Nigel
- In 2022, Reader Emeritus Margery Spencer and Reader Emeritus Barbara Silvester celebrated 25 years of being licensed as Readers.
- Authorised Lay Minister (ALM) Nigel Silvester leads our Sunday@Seven services and became Emeritus in Autumn 2022 (he’s feeling his age!)
Significant others (too shy to share their photos)
We are extremely thankful for the very active support of clergy from elsewhere in the local Mission Community and beyond. Without them the vast majority of our services wouldn’t happen.
and those who keep the show on the road:
- Wardens: Rosemarie Ashworth and June Banks
- Deputy Wardens: Keith Duckworth and Margaret Duckworth
- Safeguarding Co-ordinator: Joan Wild
- PCC Treasurer & Webmaster: Ian Banks
- PCC Secretary & Planned Giving: June Banks
- Health & Safety: Keith Duckworth
- Electoral Roll: Madge Evans and Debbie Cooper
- Hall Manager: June Banks
- Sacristan: David Robinson
- Deanery Synod: Ian Banks, June Banks and David Robinson