Meet our Ministry team – or those brave enough to have their photos taken… It will give you an idea of who to look out for if you come along to a service.
Our very recently departed Vicar, Rev Dave Thompson, will be licensed to Christ Church Heaton and St Margaret’s Halliwell on November 9th, 2022. We wish him every blessing in this next stage of his ministry and thank God for the time that he and Linda have shared with us. He will be with us again to say goodbye at a joint 10.30am service on Sunday October 30th at St John’s Church.
Paul: “After serving the Parish as Reader for 20 years, I was ordained as a local minister in 2005.
I am a local lad having been born in Radcliffe and lived my first 7 years in Stoneclough before moving to Bury. Married to Diane, I have a daughter and a deaf Jack Russell called Dodger. I have retired from a career as a Science teacher in secondary, further education and sixth form.
Apart from serving God, my passion is walking and I’m often in the Lake District or walking a long distance footpath.”
[Paul is now primarily responsible for St Stephen’s in Elton, Bury but we still see him for Wednesday and Thursday services and the monthly walking club.]
Ian Banks is our Licensed Lay Minister (Reader) in the Walmersley Road Benefice. He also has the Bishop of Manchester’s permission to preach in Heywood. As well as leading and preaching on a Sunday morning, Ian supports Nigel with Sunday@Seven and along with Cath looks after our Quarterly Cafe Church services. In 2023 he will be co-leading the module in Worship and Liturgy for the Manchester Diocese Authorised Lay Ministry course.
Margery, Barbara and Nigel
- In 2022, Reader Emeritus Margery Spencer and Reader Emeritus Barbara Silvester celebrated 25 years of being licensed as Readers.
- Authorised Lay Minister (ALM) Nigel Silvester leads our Sunday@Seven services and will become Emeritus in Autumn 2022 (he’s feeling his age!)
Significant others (too shy to share their photos)
We are extremely thankful for the very active support of retired minister the Reverend Keith Trivasse. Also thanks to Rev Janet Lyssejko, who will be helping us during our interregnum. Over the coming months we will have a number of other ministers from the Mission Community who will be leading us in worship.
and those who keep the show on the road:
- Wardens: Rosemarie Ashworth and June Banks
- Deputy Warden: Keith Duckworth
- Safeguarding Co-ordinator: Joan Wild
- PCC Treasurer & Webmaster: Ian Banks
- PCC Secretary & Planned Giving: June Banks
- Health & Safety: Keith Duckworth
- Electoral Roll: Madge Evans
- Hall Manager: June Banks
- Sacristan: David Robinson
- Deanery Synod: Ian Banks, June Banks and David Robinson