Meet our Ministry team – or those brave enough to have their photos taken… It will give you an idea of who to look out for if you come along to a service or to the Wednesday evening ‘office’ if you’ve anything to discuss.
Dave and Paul
Dave: “I was previously at the Parish of Stoneclough. Prior to that I served for 14 years in the Diocese of Blackburn. My curacy was in Morecambe and then I spent 10 years as a Vicar in Preston.
Born in Fleetwood, I grew up in Blackpool, where my parents and sisters still live. So, that’s the reason for my lifelong support for Blackpool FC. I’m secretary for the Lahore Links Group. I like listening to music and reading – but my passion is cricket.
Call me Dave! ‘Vicar’ is my title and it is an honour to be called to serve God in this way. But Dave will do fine and is preferable as we seek not only to be servants of the Saviour but friends also.
Linda and I feel privileged to be with you in the Benefice and are excited about sharing our Christian pilgrimage together.”
Paul: “After serving the Parish as Reader for 20 years, I was ordained as a local minister in 2005.
I am a local lad having been born in Radcliffe and lived my first 7 years in Stoneclough before moving to Bury. Married to Diane, I have a daughter and a deaf Jack Russell called Dodger. I have retired from a career as a Science teacher in secondary, further education and sixth form.
Apart from serving God my passion is walking and I’m often in the Lake District or walking a long distance footpath.”
[Paul is now primarily responsible for St Stephen’s in Elton, Bury but we still see him for some mid-week services and the monthly walking club.]
Margery, Barbara and Nigel
- Reader Emeritus Margery Spencer and Reader Emeritus Barbara Silvester.
- Authorised Lay Minister (ALM) Nigel Silvester. Nigel leads our Sunday@Seven services.
Significant others (too shy to share their photos)
We are extremely thankful for the very active support of:
- The Reverend Keith Trivasse (Keith also has his own blog) and Reverend Elizabeth Binns. Elizabeth is also Priest-in-Charge at All Saint’s, Stand.
- Our Cafe Church services are led by Cath Hilton and Reader Ian Banks. Cath and Ian also lead services at Four Lane Ends Congregational church. In addition, Ian helps at St James, Heywood and Cath is a Trustee for the Mothers’ Union. Ian was licensed as Reader in July 2021.
and those who keep the show on the road:
- Wardens: Rosemarie Ashworth and June Banks
- Deputy Warden: Keith Duckworth
- Safeguarding Co-ordinator: Joan Wild
- PCC Treasurer & Webmaster: Ian Banks
- PCC Secretary & Planned Giving: June Banks
- Health & Safety: Keith Duckworth
- Electoral Roll: Madge Evans
- Hall Manager: June Banks
- Sacristan: David Robinson
- Deanery Synod: Ian Banks, June Banks and David Robinson