Meet our Ministry team – or those brave enough to have their photos taken… It will give you an idea who to look out for if you come along to a service or to the Wednesday evening ‘office’ if you’ve anything to discuss.
DAVE – the Vicar
“I was previously at the Parish of Stoneclough. Prior to that I served for 14 years in the Diocese of Blackburn. My curacy was in Morecambe and then I spent 10 years as a Vicar in Preston.
Born in Fleetwood, I grew up in Blackpool, where my parents and sisters still live. So, that’s the reason for my lifelong support for Blackpool FC. I’m secretary for the Lahore Links Group. I like listening to music and reading – but my passion is cricket.
Call me Dave! ‘Vicar’ is my title and it is an honour to be called to serve God in this way. But Dave will do fine and is preferable as we seek not only to be servants of the Saviour but friends also.
Linda and I feel privileged to be with you in the Benefice and are excited about sharing our Christian pilgrimage together” Dave
PAUL – Assistant Priest
“After serving the Parish as Reader for 20 years, I was ordained as a local minister in 2005.
I am a local lad having been born in Radcliffe and ironically lived my first 7 years in Stoneclough before moving to Bury. Married to Diane, I have a daughter and a deaf Jack Russell called Dodger. I have retired from a career as a Science teacher in secondary, further education and sixth form.
Apart from serving God my passion is walking and if I’m not in the Lake District or walking a long distance footpath you will see me out and about in the local area with the dog.” Paul.
[Paul is now primarily responsible for St Stephen’s in Elton, Bury but we’ll still see him for some mid-week services and the walking club.]
DARREN – Reader
“I was licensed as a Reader for the Diocese at a very special service at William Temple Church in Wythenshaw.
I have many years of youth work experience and I run my own business in Manchester. My wife is called Amanda and we have three children.
Whilst working, I got a BA in Theology. I keep chickens and I’m a keen guitarist!” Darren
[Darren must have really understanding neighbours!]
Margery, Barbara and Nigel
- Reader Emeritus Margery Spencer and Reader Emeritus Barbara Silvester
- Authorised Lay Minister (ALM) Nigel Silvester
Significant others (too shy to share their photos)
We are extremely thankful for the very active support of:
- Two retired clergy: Canon Ralph Mallinson and the Reverend Keith Trivasse. Keith also has his own blog.
- Reader Emeritus Pam Cowie
- Our Cafe Church services are led by Cath Hilton and Ian Banks. Ian is currently doing (ALM) training.
and those who keep the show on the road:
- Wardens: Rosemarie Ashworth and June Banks
- Deputy Warden: Keith Duckworth
- Safeguarding Co-ordinator: Joan Wild
- PCC Treasurer: Ian Banks
- PCC Secretary: June Banks
- Health & Safety: Keith Duckworth
- Electoral Roll: Madge Evans
- Hall Manager: June Banks
- Sacristan: David Robinson
- Deanery Synod: Ian Banks, June Banks, Helen Mallinson and David Robinson