We are an Anglican church family, based in the north of Bury, Lancashire. We enjoy worshipping together and learning about Jesus – but like socialising together too! That’s some of us in the picture above before having lunch together.
Some events in life such as weddings and baptisms may bring you to church for the first time in many years so we try our best to ensure that your visit is a happy and memorable one.
Me, thee and t’others
Together with our close neighbours at Christ Church Walmersley we are under the care of the Reverend Dave Thompson, who can be contacted on 0161 797 7652. We also work closely with Seedfield Methodist Church, Freedom Church and St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church.
What we do
In addition, we have a range of activities to suit most ages:
- Monday: Craft group in the afternoon; Beavers & Cubs in the evening; Once a month we have ‘Men of the Benefice’ which normally means a trip to the pub…
- Tuesday: Knit & Natter in the afternoon
- Wednesday: Rainbows & Brownies in the evening; once a month we have an ‘Open Group’ for both visiting and homegrown speakers on pretty much anything you can imagine
- Thursday: ABC Mother & Toddler group
- Saturday: once a month some of us will go for a walk, usually 9 or 10 miles
- ‘Girls out Alone’ meet when and where the mood takes us and often that means going out to a restaurant or theatre
- Plus we have book fairs, coffee mornings, afternoon teas, pantomimes, musical reviews, buffet dances, a Traidcraft fairtrade stall…
Please keep your eye on the Home page & calendar for publicity of particular events. In addition our church hall is widely used by the local community and is hired out to a number of outside groups and organisations.
This is our new website. For now you can still find our old site at http://www.stjohn-stmark-bury.org.uk/