Church lunches in Bury
Many people live on their own and are looking for some company during the day. If there’s food involved then so much the better! So, we asked the ladies and gents that lunch at Christ Church for some recommendations of where to go at lunchtime.
This is what they came up with:
- Bolton Road Methodist: Tuesday, fortnightly. 12.30pm. Large meal. £6.00 per person.
- St Peter’s, Manchester Road: Tuesday each week. Said Eucharist at 12.15pm followed by Light lunch. No set charge, donations welcomed.
- Bury Baptist Church: Tuesday lunch club. Open 11am – 1pm every Tuesday. Lots of activities with lunch included. Donations welcomed. Bury Baptist also offers a free meal at 6pm on a Monday night and a Wednesday night to those that need it.
- Brandlesholme Methodist: 1st Wednesday of the month. 12pm. Full lunch. £5.00 per person; 3rd Wednesday is a light lunch at £1.00.
- Christ Church Walmersley: 3rd Thursday of the month. 12pm. Light lunch. No set charge, donations welcomed.
And some church cafés:
- Bury United Reformed Church: open 10.30am – 1.30pm every Saturday.
- The House on the Rock (within Bury Parish Church): open daily 9.30am – 4.30pm except Tuesdays and Sundays. Also includes a gift shop. Times may change depending on weddings, funerals and other special services.
We also had a bonus suggestion for the afternoon:
- St James Woolfold: 1st Thursday of the month. 2.00pm – 4.00pm. Afternoon tea. £2.50 per person.
There are a lot of folk who do the ‘circuit’, so you’re likely to see the same faces crop up at all these places!
Help us keep this up-to-date
There is no need to book at any of these but obviously details can and do change. So, please check in advance with the respective churches to make sure these events are still happening!
We would really love to keep this page as up-to-date and comprehensive as possible. So, if we’re missing anywhere or if any of the above is incorrect then please let us know via our contact page.
[The picture is thanks to Navada Ra on Pexels.com. Bury Christians in Poverty (CAP) has just opened up. For more information, either if you need help or can provide assistance, then please follow this link.]