July 2022 Bible Readings
Here are the July 2022 Bible readings which we’ll be using in church. Please make use of these readings and reflect on what they might be saying to you.
Amongst the very well known passages in July you’ll find: Thomas being honest, Sarah making an unfeasibly large amount of bread, Abraham negotiating with God, Jesus telling some memorable stories – and showing us how to pray.
- July 3 – St Thomas: Habbakuk 2:1-4; Ephesians 2:19-22; John 20:24-29;
- July 10 – 4th after Trinity: Deuteronomy 30:9-14; Colossians 1:1-14; Luke 10:25-37;
- July 17 – 5th after Trinity: Genesis 18:1-10a; Colossians 1:15-28; Luke 10:38-45;
- July 24 – 6th after Trinity: Genesis 18:20-32; Colossians 2:6-15; Luke 11:1-13;
- July 31 – 7th after Trinity: Ecclesiastes 1:2,12-14,2:18-23; Colossians 3:1-11; Luke 12:13-21;
If you don’t have access to a Bible, then please follow this link to the Vanderbilt Divinity Library. It’s not always the same but it’s normally pretty close.
Amongst the July 2022 Bible Readings we have this short story of two sisters and their guest…
Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to what he was saying.
But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked: “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.”
But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her.”
Many thanks again to Olivia Snow for the photo on Unsplash