Activities | Nurture
17th March: We’re very sorry but due to the Covid-19 restrictions we are having to cancel all church services and Bible Studies until further notice. Also the Seder meal. However, the church will be open at 5pm each day Monday to Thursday for prayer. We also aim to have the church open during daylight hours on Sunday 22nd March for the National Day of Prayer.
For ideas and suggestions for prayer and worship at home, please take a look at this post.
Lent is one of the most important periods in the Christian calendar. So, it would be really good to see you at one or more of the following events:
- Ash Wednesday services. Please join us on Wednesday 26th February at either 10am or 7.30pm at St John’s Church for a time of reflection at the start of Lent. During the service we receive the mark of ashes on our foreheads as a sign of penitence and mortality.
- Lent Bible Studies. These will meet on Monday nights at 7.30pm from Monday 2nd March at 150 Walmersley Road. Also Thursday afternoons at 2pm from Thursday 5th March at Christ Church Hall. We’ll be following Meg Warner’s Lent study on Abraham. A great way to explore what God has to say to us today.
- Services during Lent will be as normal. Please see ‘services’ or the calendar.
- School Easter Service will be Thursday 2nd April from 9.15am. All welcome.
- Holy Week. There will be communion at St John’s at 7pm on Monday 6th April and Tuesday 7th. Then our normal Wednesday service at 10am on Wednesday 8th. On Maundy Thursday there will be a service at 7.30pm which will include the washing of feet and stripping of the altar.
- Seder Meal. On Wednesday 8th April from 7.30pm we will tap into our Jewish heritage whilst enjoying a meal together. Please use the contact page if you wish to come to this as booking is essential. £8 per person.
- Good Friday. There will be a service at Christ Church at 9pm and at St John’s at 2pm.
- Easter Saturday. There will be a vigil at Bury Parish Church.