We’d love to see you at our Advent & Christmas activities and services this year at St John with St Mark’s, Bury and Christ Church, Walmersley. So, here’s a list of what’s on…
- Christmas Fair: Saturday 26th November 11am at St John’s Hall. Spend some cash on cakes, books, raffle, jigsaws, tombolas, lunches… and help support our work.
- Christingle: Monday 28th November at both Christ Church and St John’s Hall. Both start at 6.30 pm. Shining a light, supporting local orange sellers and the work of the Children’s Society.
- Christmas in Clarence Park: Saturday 10th December from 4pm at the Bandstand. Tottington Public Band, Bury & Bolton Sing Space Musical Theatre Choir, Carol singing, Santa and light switch-on.
- Brass Band Concert: later on Saturday 10th December at 7.30pm in Christ Church. Whitworth and Healy Brass Band are back. Tickets are £8 each. Available from Impressions Hair Design and from the church plus online.
- Carols at Clarence: Friday 16th December 7pm-9pm. The event will take place at the bandstand in Clarence Park and there will be complimentary hot chocolate, mulled punch and mince pies. Led by our friends from Audacious Church.
- Beer & Carols: also on Friday 16th December from 7pm – with our friends at St James, Tower Street, Heywood. No tickets needed. Just come along.
- Carol Singing: Saturday 17th December from 12 noon in Bury Market, together with other churches in Bury and any slow-moving passers-by.
- Carol Service : Tidings of comfort and joy with the church and local community on Sunday 18th December at 6.30pm in both churches. Readings and carols.
- Moonsmile: Friday 23rd December 2pm. Non-verbal theatre from Goofus and Yan Tan Tethera. In collaboration with The Met. Free entry.
- 7.30 pm Parish Communion – St John with St Mark’s, for those who don’t want to stay up as late
- 11.30 pm Parish Communion – Christ Church Walmersley, if you want to see in Christmas
- Christmas Day 10.30 am: Holy Communion Service at both churches. Whilst the roast is in the oven, come along and remember what the day is really all about.
- Christmas Day Dinner 1.00pm: In Bury Parish Church Hall, The Rock. Contact 07855 306 074 well in advance if you wish to come. If you, or someone you know, would enjoy some company on Christmas Day then please get in touch. There is no charge for the meal.
Help this winter:
- If you need help with getting food over the winter months, then this link will take you to a list of Food Banks in the Bury area.
- And follow this link for information on Warm Spaces this winter in and around Bury.
We wish you peace and joy for this Advent & Christmas.