October 2022 Bible readings
Here are the October 2022 Bible readings which we’ll be using in church. Please make use of these readings and reflect on what they might be saying to you.
This month we have crying and mustard seeds, first fruits and bread from heaven, a man who wouldn’t let go and a persistent widow, a word that wouldn’t return and a scripture fulfilled, a vision – and blessings & woes.
- October 2 – 16th after Trinity: Habakkuk 1:1-4, 2:1-4; 2 Timothy 1:1-14; Luke 17:5-10;
- October 9 – Harvest: Deuteronomy 26:1-11; Revelation 14:14-18; John 6:25-35;
- October 16 – 18th after Trinity: Genesis 32:22-31; 2 Timothy 3:14-4:5; Luke 18:1-8;
- October 23 – Bible Sunday: Isaiah 45:22-25; Romans 15:1-6; Luke 4:16-24;
- October 30 – All Saints: Daniel 7:1-3, 15-18; Ephesians 1:11-23; Luke 6:20-31;
Amongst the October 2022 Bible Readings we have this from Luke 4…
When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on the sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written:
‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to let the oppressed go free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.’
And he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to say to them, ‘Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.’ All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his mouth. They said, ‘Is not this Joseph’s son?’ He said to them, ‘Doubtless you will quote to me this proverb, “Doctor, cure yourself!” And you will say, “Do here also in your home town the things that we have heard you did at Capernaum.”’ And he said, ‘Truly I tell you, no prophet is accepted in the prophet’s home town.