The Eagles Wing is a mutual support group for asylum seekers, refugees and local people. They meet at the United Reformed Church, Parsons Lane, Bury, BL9 0LY.
Here are there the summer arrangements for the remainder of July and August:
- Monday 25th July, 1st and 8th August. 10am – 12pm: Health Watch advice and Eagles Wing social group. 10am – 2pm: Red Cross for advice and support.
- Thursday 18th and 25th August, 1st September. 10am – 12pm: Health Watch advice and Eagles Wing social group.
Eagles Wing – come as strangers, stay as friends
- We are a mutual support group of friends made up of local people, asylum seekers and refugees living in the Bury area.
- We welcome people of all ages, nationality and ability.
- The staff are unpaid and all our members help to run our groups: children are always welcome to our events, but parents MUST take care of them to keep them safe.
- We celebrate each others’ cultures and good fortune and help each other when there are problems.
- We are all equal and treat each other with respect and care. Aggressive behaviour is not acceptable.
- All of us work to change things for the better for individual members and for ALL refugees.
- The elected committee makes sure that the group works in the interests of our members.
Please contact Sue Arnall on 07917 302061 or Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org
In June 2020, Eagles Wing were awarded the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.