At the heart
The Eucharist (Communion) is at the heart of our regular worship. It’s where we remember what Jesus did for us. Once a month we have a family service where the children stay in for the whole service. And roughly once a quarter we have a more informal Cafe Church, which meets in the Church Hall.
If it’s your first time at our church then please let a member of clergy know before the start of the service if you need a gluten-free wafer.
Please go to our calendar for details, since there is some variation week-to-week, but our worship services are basically as follows:
- 8.30am: This lasts around 30 minutes and features Communion in the Barritt Room (the old Library) which is accessed from the Hall. This is followed by a chance to chat over a brew in the Hall.
- 10.30am: Parish Communion (with hymns, prayers, a sermon and Communion) in the church. This is normally just over an hour in length, depending on who is doing the sermon! There’s also creche for under 5’s and ‘Jesus and Me’ for the children during the service. Everyone is together for the start and finish. The service is followed by refreshments in the Hall.
- On the 2nd Sunday of each month we have a Family Service and Parade at 10.30am.
- We have ‘Cafe Church’ about once a quarter. This is very informal and helps to explore ideas about God and discuss areas of faith together in ways not normally possible in our usual format. This meets in the Hall.
- We also join with Christ Church for informal Praise services on a Sunday evening at 7pm every 6 weeks or so.
Wednesdays: 10.00am – Communion in the church, followed by refreshments in the Hall.
Thursdays: 7.30pm – Communion in the Lady Chapel.
You can also join the Vicar and Curate for Evening Prayer at 5.00pm in the Church every day, Monday through to Thursday (except Bank Holidays and August when clergy give God some time off!). Or come with a small team each month as we take church to the community at Burrswood House and Hamilton House.
Throughout the seasons of the church year you will find lots of variety in word and mood. We use Common Worship for most services and sing from Hymns Old & New. We have a rota of different organists who play for us through the month.
Every month we have an ‘all age’ service which is both child and adult friendly, usually using keyboard rather than organ. Sometimes we’ll use music CD’s if no musicians are available – so be prepared for anything!
Please go to our ‘about’ page to find out more about us.